Despite all of the countless benefits development can have for our society, it is well known that the buildings we construct have a profound impact on our environment.
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, buildings in the United States account for about:
- 39% of total energy use (54.6% of total from residential buildings)
- 68% of total electricity consumption (51.2% of total from residential buildings)
- 12% of the total water consumption (74.4% of total from residential buildings)
- 38% of the total carbon dioxide emissions (54% of total from residential buildings)
- 60% of total non-industrial waste generation (43% of total from residential buildings)
It is our goal to help minimize these detrimental effects of development and construction. We believe that studio26 has a social responsibility to the built environment – to plan, design, and build in the most intelligent and eco-conscious manner that is both financially and logistically possible. This is what has been commonly referred to as the modern green building movement.
Our green homes are studio-designed and custom-crafted to help maximize their overall performance and minimize their negative impact on the environment.
Below is a general list of green strategies that are employed in our studio26 homes:
- Increase energy-efficiency
- Provide superior indoor environmental quality
- Increase water-efficiency
- Develop sites sustainably
- Specify environmentally preferred products
- Recycle construction waste
- Increase homeowner awareness
One more essential element in our successful implementation of green strategies is in our belief in an intelligent, eco-conscious mindset. The entire team at studio26 has a relentless passion to continually improve our practices and strategies through proven techniques and emerging technologies. We like to embrace new ideas with scientific data when possible to help us always stay on the cutting edge of green home design and construction that are not only eco-conscious, but also aesthetically intriguing.