Stone Veneer, Fiber Cement Siding, Cedar Decking with Cable Rail
Double-Pane Low-E Glazed with Argon Fill
Regionally Harvested Oak
LED Lighting, Advanced HVAC Design, Whole-House Air Cleaner, Energy Recovery Ventilator, Reclaimed Brownwood
LUXURIOUS, RUSTIC, LAKESHORE LIVING
With genuine gratitude, our firm is very fortunate to have had the great pleasure of designing and building this client’s lakefront dream home. In addition to a very appealing architectural aesthetic, our client was seeking a home that was quite comfortable with an upscale feel, as well as more sustainably conscious by incorporating a high-level of energy-efficient and healthy home features.
Some of those sustainable features are shared below:
- Ultra-tight building envelope to minimize air infiltration/exfiltration.
- Highly insulated (formaldehyde-free) thermal envelope – R-52 ceiling, R-26 framed walls, R-31 basement walls, R-10 underslab.
- Energy-efficient doors and windows – 0.21 – 0.29 U-factor.
- Advanced HVAC system – SEER 18, HSPF 9.5 air-source heat pump (multiple zones) with an efficient Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) and well-sealed, insulated ducts.
- Whole-house, industry-leading air cleaner integrated with the HVAC system.
- LED lighting throughout – 9.5 watts (compared to 75 watts) each & dimmable down to 10%.
- Energy Star Qualified exhaust fans & appliances – refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer.
- Zero-VOC (volatile organic compounds) paints throughout.
Architecturally, it was imperative for our design to address the site’s greatest amenity – the lake. Utilizing the slowly rolling hill down toward the shoreline, the home was sited perfectly to allow for a fully finished walk-out basement while optimizing all the picturesque views from almost any room in the home. Programmatically, the home was laid out to meet the needs of the owners by affording them the ability to essentially live on one floor of the home for most of the year. On the main level (ceiling height – 10’), a fairly open plan allows the cathedral Great Room with signature arched windows to flow seamlessly into the adjacent and spacious custom Kitchen perfect for their large family. Furthermore, the Master Suite offers the owners a treasured oasis for genuine rest and relaxation. In addition to the large walk-in closet, and spa-like Master Bath with distinctive details and custom tile steam shower, the Master Bedroom is situated on the rear corner of the home purposefully to help the owners not only experience the obvious enjoyment of the lake, but also the sensation of living among the trees while listening to the pleasant crackling of the rolling stream in the adjacent woods.
Just down the beautiful arts and crafts inspired staircase, lies a memorable lower level fit for entertaining. By incorporating complimentary elements of stone and wood, the large open spaces with nearly 10’ tall ceilings exude a genuine feeling of warmth and comfort while still offering a dash of luxury without a pretentious overtone. In addition to three more bedrooms, there is an Exercise Room, bar area, game area all with easy access to the rear yard and lake below.
Stepping outside, a touch of lakeside living can be truly appreciated whether you’re sitting on the flagstone patio or on its expansive deck equipped with stainless steel cable rail helping to maximize sightlines. All in all, throughout the seasons, this residence will be the centerpiece for many memorable family moments both inside the home and outside on the lake.