Solar Hot Water
Stone Veneer, Fiber Cement Siding, Composite Decking, Flagstone Walkway & Front Patio
Double-Pane Low-E Glazed with Argon Fill
Frigidaire Professional, Zephyr (All Energy Star Qualified where applicable)
Home Automation System
Control4 Smart Home Automation
LED Lighting, Advanced HVAC Design, Whole-House Air Cleaner, Energy Recovery Ventilator, Dual-Flush Toilets
COUNTRY ESTATE – UNCOMPROMISED LUXURY AND PERFORMANCE
Similar to some of our custom home projects, this process began with a collaborative and exhaustive search for a suitable 10+ acre countryside parcel on which to build a dream estate. After several weeks perusing options together, our client selected a property that offered a private, yet picturesque backdrop complete with expansive open space and nearby mountain views. To help maintain privacy as well as convey an ‘escalated’ sense of arrival, the driveway was designed from the public street to meander along a nearly 1,000’ long driveway traversing an existing tree-lined creek at three separate crossings and just beyond, ultimately reveal their impressive home resting on its elevated perch.
From the beginning, it was clear the home would convey a stately presence with a detached garage and completely self-sufficient in-law’s suite above for their parents to eventually call home if needed in the near future. Connected by a walk-able bridge above, the detached garage houses two cars with an additional two car garage attached to the main home. Inside this attached garage are two independent, high-power electric car charging stations, which helped dictate the necessity for this home’s substantial 600-Amp electrical service.
Architecturally, our client wanted to convey a more traditional, European exterior as well as into the grand foyer, dining room, and living room at the front of the home. And as you progress into the more private parts of the home, the aesthetic begins to take on a more modern style playing off the owners’ more youthful side.
Some of the home’s interesting features are listed below:
- 10’ first floor and 9’ second floor ceilings with grey-stained locally harvested, oak hardwood flooring throughout
- Ultra-efficient, super-insulated, air-tight building envelope with high-performance windows
- Advanced HVAC system – Carrier Infinity Heat Pumps with Greenspeed Technology and five heating/cooling zones for added comfort; ERV; and whole-house air cleaner
- Four-collector solar hot water system
- Top-of-the-line LED lighting throughout
- State-of-the-art kitchen with slate-stained cherry cabinetry, stainless steel appliances, granite countertops, decorative tile backsplash, walk-in pantry, butler’s pantry, functional desk area
- Modern-designed library with single, clean-edged coffered 11’ high ceiling, custom built-in cabinetry, and central stone fireplace to help anchor the room
- Expansive master suite with its own ‘foyer’ and window seat, private exterior balcony, large walk-in closet, and luxurious master bathroom including a soaking tub, dual vanities, and custom spa shower
- Extensive whole-house Control4 home automation system with security, closed-circuit cameras, structured wiring, multi-zone distributed audio, multi-zone distributed video, web-app connectivity, and other home-owner customizable features and tasks
- Automated (collar-activated), in-wall doggy door located in the tile-floored mud room