It was a great pleasure receiving the opportunity to work with our treasured clients in designing and building this elegant contemporary residence. This growing family was seeking a sizable property to serve as the canvas for the construction of their beautiful dream home. Once the land was locked in, our firm collaborated with the owners to design a home that was clean, comfortable, open, and refined. Furthermore, the home was engineered for high-performance delivering energy efficiency and long-term durability year over year.
This bright and inviting home features a plethora of windows to engage the restful rolling landscape outside. Its striking yet understated details help provide an undertow of elegance throughout the residence. Open concept living is highlighted by the stunning modern kitchen and spacious great room with linear fireplace and dualling granite mantels. The nearby pantry is the perfect complement for the aspiring chef preparing family meals and baked delights. Step outside to enjoy the charming, bug-free screened-in porch in front of the nostalgic smell and crackle of the wood burning stone fireplace.
Our team worked with the owners to develop a unique flowing staircase detailed with contemporary stainless steel cable railing. In addition to it being open to the lower level, the staircase leads to a cozy second floor complete with bedrooms, bathrooms, a loft, and a laundry room. The master suite anchors the upper level providing a peaceful repose for its owners. Whether enjoying the alluring master bath with its invigorating steam shower or the spacious well-planned walk-in closet, getting ready each morning or retiring each evening after a full day’s gauntlet is a real treat.
In addition to its attractive spaces and quality craftmanship, a few of the home’s prominent energy-efficient features are shared below:
- Ultra-tight building envelope to minimize air infiltration/exfiltration.
- Highly insulated (formaldehyde-free) thermal envelope – R-52 ceiling, R-26 framed walls, R-12.5 (with potential for R-25 when basement is finished) basement walls, R-10 underslab.
- Energy-efficient doors and windows – 0.21 – 0.29 U-factor.
- Advanced, ultra-efficient air-source heat pump HVAC system with an efficient Energy Recovery Ventilator (ERV) and well-sealed, insulated ducts.
- Whole-house, industry-leading air cleaner integrated with the HVAC system.
- LED lighting throughout – 9.5 watts (compared to 75 watts) each & dimmable down to 10%.
- Energy Star Qualified exhaust fans & appliances – refrigerator, dishwasher, clothes washer.
Our firm is grateful to be a part of this project in bringing this dream into reality for our beloved clients and their family. As discussed with our wonderful clients, we genuinely look forward to coming back in a year or two to conceive and craft a new finished basement for their growing family.